"Excellent Brooding Management event. 3 memorable things: Check temperatures. Check chick weights. Check carbon dioxide levels."
Alec Martin, Netherexe Farm
Optimising Broiler Performance
Nearly 50 growers got together at Padbrook Park hotel on 23rd November 2011 to attend the ‘Optimising Broiler Performance’ event sponsored by Cobb Europe.
Antony Taylor (Technical Service & Account Manager, Cobb Europe) gave a global update focusing the company overview and genetic changes , this was followed by Matthew Wilson (Technical Services Manager-Europe-Russia-Middle East-Africa, Cobb Europe) gave a superb technical presentation on ‘Optimising Broiler Performance’. If you couldn’t make the event, the presentations are provided below for your information.
- Cobb Optimising Broiler Performance Biographies
- Introduction to Cobb Europe
- Optimum Broiler Devlopment
An excellent 21 point Chick Checklist was also provided in Matthew’s presentation for a copy of this to pin on your wall: Chick Checklist
The first Datapoul Conference was held on 8th March 2011 at the Hyde Park Conference Centre, Taunton.
- Key Note Speaker Dr Tibor Cserp DVM MRCVS– Technical Manager Intervet/Schering Plough Animal Health, gave a presentation on Gumboro- the iceberg disease of chickens? Why Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD), also known as Gumboro is the most important poultry disease worldwide.Tibor’s presentation is available to download and the animations used in the presentation can be found at Antibodies – The First Line of Defence Visit the disease surveillance page for more on Gumboro.
- Key Note Speaker: Willem Wijmenga– Associate Director of Technical Services Poultry – Pfizer Animal Health EUAfME gave a presentation onOverview of IB disease – the new strain IB QX: The International Perspective and insight into Infectious Bronchitis and the new strain IB QX.For more information on infectious bronchitis, please visit The Infectious Bronchitis website
- DVD – Introduction to The Datapoul Performance Manager, including the growers’ perspective of the database as a farm management tool.
There are no other conferences planned at this time, for other training and networking opportunities, please our Training page.
"The Optimising Broiler Performance by Cobb was an ... excellent event. The glossary of brooding management targets/ key factors is very useful. "
John Summerhayes, Dungeon Farm