"20% of farms tested positive for IB 793B - this was a lot higher than expected and generally not associated with any clear clinical signs on farms."
Richard Turner, Datapoul
"At the Pig & Poultry Marketing Awards 2012 in May, Datapoul was awarded the Knowledge Transfer Award. The judges were impressed by Datapoul’s focus on clear and effective communication to often isolated producers, such as highlighting the cost benefit ratio to show where improvements could be made to the running of the business. "
Andy Black, Managing Director, Springetts Brand Design Consultants, Elwyn Griffiths, joint MD Oakland Eggs and Richard Turner, Director Datapoul
"Thank you for inviting us to your open day yesterday which, for our business, has proved most relevant. ... I was ‘excited’ to see the wood chip boiler and hot water system for heating the broiler sheds and the innovative concept of the Draper ridge inlet mixing systems. Your guest speaker from the EA was useful re Odour Management Programmes."
Graham Smalldon, Kingsland Farm Partnership Ltd
Datapoul – a new approach to improving broiler performance
Datapoul combines farmers’ practical knowledge with veterinary expertise to achieve an improvement in farm performance and economic productivity.
There are three main elements to the programme which is part of the South West Healthy Livestock Initiative:-
- Disease surveillance - the first serology monitoring in the region and disease surveys informing future training events.
- Training and Conferences – offering on farm assessments and seminars on relevant disease and management issues.
- The Datapoul Performance Manager - the UK’s first online database specifically designed for poultry growers, giving production data analysis and performance comparisons.
Currently all services are available to broiler growers in the South West region, and the online benchmarking database is open to all growers in the UK.
To find out more about Datapoul’s approach to improving crop potential and aiding you during the growing process, view our services below.
On this site you can:-
- Find out what training and on farm assessments Datapoul runs and how you can get involved
- Explore case studies from existing participants to find out how they benefited from the project
- Keep informed with latest industry news and opinion updates
- Interact with other broiler growers on our blog to discuss issues and questions around the industry
- Link up with advice from our project and use the site to find details of relevant industry support
"Science behind what is happening on farm was a useful outcome of the 'Broiler Gut Health' seminar - overall excellent event!"
Patrick Nicholls, Highbury Poultry
For as little as the cost of 5 bales of shavings a month, why not join other farmers successful in being more in control of each crops performance. We think the benefits in saving time and money speak for themselves.
"Good overview of reject analysis - (I) will go through the info again and will see my birds (at plant)"
Jeremy Iles, Park Farm Syndicate
"I have been very pleased with the system & it gives me a baseline to compare our own bird performance against (both for previous crops & other farms operating the same production system). Without this benchmarking we are operating in the dark & making technical progress is very difficult. Overall DPM is a big help in day-to-day management. "
David Christopher, Langaller Farm